natesmountain (natesmountain) wrote,

Well, while I've been away my LJ logged off and didn't want to go back on... hope it's not a sign. I managed to get it going after I already left a comment on Viv's LJ and couldn't work out while it was screened! OMG! And I see Moth is away...

Anyway, I'm back. We had a great time driving up and down the country. Heaps of new lambs, calves, other wildlife in every field from here to Tauranga. Viv, Taupo was lovely, the mountains were splendid, Ngauruhoe was shimmeringly brilliant in full snow and sunshine.
The weather was warm up in Tauranga, blue skies, gentle breezes, rain only at night, it's wonderful in that respect. I didn't take any schoolwork with me, so that was nice for me.
On the way back we diverted to Napier for a night so Christy could see a BOY, and Asher managed to crack his head on the trampoline at the motel. That meant a bloody (literally) drive to the ER (I couldn't find it at first and the first people I asked for directions said, 'We just got here from Wellington'... OMG!) and stitches in the back of his head, and I only just got out of there in time to help my Principal (by phone/text) bid for a painting we wanted in a silent school art auction back in Wgtn. Then we drove back to Wellington today. We left at half past nine, and after leaving a hot and sunny Napier, it rained and rained from Te Aute College south. The Manawatu Gorge was wild, like the old days, a deep, heavy brown river, and rock falls all the way along. Roadside waterfalls were violent torrents! We dodged quite a few small boulders, and just after the Gorge we turned off for Levin and there was muddy floodwater all over the road! I'm glad I was in our 4WD. Our side of the road was too deep but I could vaguely see the centre line under the water, so we ploughed through the oncoming traffic lane, sending up huge sprays of water! Very exciting. Every field thereabouts was flooded, and every stream a torrent.
It fined up at Levin and we got home in time to get dressed up (Christy and I) to go to WOW (It's our Wearable Arts Show) by four. Have a look:
That was AMAZING, OMG what a brilliant show. I loved it. I had my mouth open almost the entire two and a half hours. We knew three dancers in it. Then it was home at last. Now I shall rest back in my own bed. Tomorrow... school work, I guess *pout* I have to. I really do...
And oh, Hannah, your mail is brilliant!!! That was so thoughtful of you. I shall have to answer you snailmailishly, won't I! And try to catch up with everyone who's left on LJ if poss.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.