Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Takahe update...

Oh goodness, I have been so busy, so incredibly busy, have had so little sleep and have been so sick this week, it's amazing, and yet I'm still functioning, and even cheerful at times. I sound sick though. I've had a head cold, total blockage from the nose upwards!! I think it's waning now. But the stress was Friday, MISSION DAY at school. Me in charge of everyone getting out and about doing good deeds for the community. It feels like chaos all day but the girls had a magnificent day, they worked hard, they touched hearts in old people's homes, heard reading in schools, collected for charity on the streets, baked cookies for the local businesses, cleared up rubbish, worked on leadership skills, sold sausages, busked and washed cars for the Mary Potter Hospice roof fund... and even visited the Children's Ward at the hospital, handing out balloons and hand made cards! The girls who did that job cried all the way back, touched by the plight of the little children! We had a lovely sharing time in the Gym at the end of the day and I was so happy to be able to tell the whole college how proud I was of them all.

So it was worth it, even though I felt like total crapola. Even now I wouldn't say no to someone taking off the top of my head with a small chainsaw. I don't sound that great! Won't be singing at Mass in the morning...

On other fronts, the Codfish apparently threw a tantrum at the last liturgy committee meeting and yelled 'I don't care, I don't care, I don't care!' at someone before storming out! I'm glad I missed that meeting!!! I left with my first Communion kids just as they were arriving for the meeting. Also had Finn's soccer photos, Steve away all week, Finn's speech board exams at school, soccer practice and, to top it all off, after two sunny days, the foulest weather on Friday you have ever seen. A deluge of horizontal rain for half an hour along with gale force winds dampened our spirits on Mission Day but we overcame it and as the girls worked harder, the weather cleared!

I missed Moth, too. She's back from sunny Portugal now.

And so, Saturday evening draws to a close. It's another howling gale. I don't mind, I'm going to bed!


May. 16th, 2009 01:03 pm (UTC)
Yes, back temporarily - and almost certain of internet out there next time so that it will only be the journey times that are 'out of action'.

Have all your girls got head colds now?? ;) I'm glad they all worked so hard and you all got such a sense of achievement.

The weather here is very mixed - and we had a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon. I wish I was back in Portugal.
May. 16th, 2009 08:46 pm (UTC)
I hope I didn't pass my cold on. I just couldn't stay home because I was in charge of so much. I might work out how to change that for next year...!!!

-and almost certain of internet out there next time
That's subject to the mysterious ways of the rural Portuguese, huh! But I admire your determination *g*
May. 17th, 2009 11:15 am (UTC)
Actually, the problem lies with the urban office with a receptionist who can't read maps and doesn't understand that the engineers need to venture out into rural parts... But yes, we're determined!



Latest Month

February 2016
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Naoto Kishi