natesmountain (natesmountain) wrote,

Takahe update...

Oh goodness, I have been so busy, so incredibly busy, have had so little sleep and have been so sick this week, it's amazing, and yet I'm still functioning, and even cheerful at times. I sound sick though. I've had a head cold, total blockage from the nose upwards!! I think it's waning now. But the stress was Friday, MISSION DAY at school. Me in charge of everyone getting out and about doing good deeds for the community. It feels like chaos all day but the girls had a magnificent day, they worked hard, they touched hearts in old people's homes, heard reading in schools, collected for charity on the streets, baked cookies for the local businesses, cleared up rubbish, worked on leadership skills, sold sausages, busked and washed cars for the Mary Potter Hospice roof fund... and even visited the Children's Ward at the hospital, handing out balloons and hand made cards! The girls who did that job cried all the way back, touched by the plight of the little children! We had a lovely sharing time in the Gym at the end of the day and I was so happy to be able to tell the whole college how proud I was of them all.

So it was worth it, even though I felt like total crapola. Even now I wouldn't say no to someone taking off the top of my head with a small chainsaw. I don't sound that great! Won't be singing at Mass in the morning...

On other fronts, the Codfish apparently threw a tantrum at the last liturgy committee meeting and yelled 'I don't care, I don't care, I don't care!' at someone before storming out! I'm glad I missed that meeting!!! I left with my first Communion kids just as they were arriving for the meeting. Also had Finn's soccer photos, Steve away all week, Finn's speech board exams at school, soccer practice and, to top it all off, after two sunny days, the foulest weather on Friday you have ever seen. A deluge of horizontal rain for half an hour along with gale force winds dampened our spirits on Mission Day but we overcame it and as the girls worked harder, the weather cleared!

I missed Moth, too. She's back from sunny Portugal now.

And so, Saturday evening draws to a close. It's another howling gale. I don't mind, I'm going to bed!
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.